Built into your brain is a 90-second window that gives you the chance to extinguish stress provoking thoughts, perception of threats, or shame-based judgments that could and set off a knee jerk stress reaction. Miss the 90-seconds and your emotional state can quickly change to anger, anxiety, or depression.
The Clear Button gets you through the window in time.
- Imagine there is a button at the center of your palm that, when pressed, sends a signal to your brain to stop fearful, worried, judgmental or pessimistic thinking.
- Press the button and keep pressing it.
- Next, take a breath and count “1” and think red.
- Take a second breath and count “2” and think blue.
- Take a third breath and count “3” and think green.
Now take a final breath and as you exhale, let your mind go completely blank for a moment. Simply be right here, right now, and relax..
When the upset has passed, quietly re-engage with the situation and consciously choose to be at peace, regardless of circumstances or outcomes, confident in the clarity your calm now affords you.
Here is Why This Technique Works?
The part of the brain that causes stress reactions literally has the intelligence of a toddler. And every parent knows you don’t stop a tantrum by appealing to a child’s logic. You distract them. The button, the numbers, and colors combine in this tool to distract the terrible two-year-old in your brain from going off the deep end and taking you with it.