Don Joseph Goewey managed the department of psychiatry at Stanford Medical School, and headed an institute that pioneered an approach to catastrophic life events. He has worked with people facing some of the most stressful situations on earth. Don also directed a research team that built an integrated model for helping people develop the resilience to overcome stress and adversity to flourish.
Don is the author of Mystic Cool, A proven approach to transcend stress, achieve optimal brain function, and maximize your creative intelligence (2009). His new book, The End of Stress will be released by Simon and Schuster in September, 2014.
Contact: To contact Don, email email@example.com. For his blog with practical applications of the new brain research visit http://donjosephgoewey.com. For corporate training, visit http://proattitude.com
- Most of people get that stress kills your potential for happiness and success, and given enough time will eventually kill you. Yet surveys show 80 percent of us are doing nothing about it. Don Joseph Goewey (say Go-ee) wants to kick stress out of your life for good and show you how to light up your brain with brilliance.
- Don spent six years directing a research effort that integrated breakthroughs in neuropsychology into a model that can end stress as we know it. The model has been tested in the high pressure world of corporate America and achieved outstanding results.
- Goewey (Go-ee) has written a new book on it called The End of Stress that defines the approach that literally rewires your brain to extinguish stress and amplify the higher brain function that enables you to live a happier, healthier, more successful life.
- Welcome, Don. How is it possible for people to rid their lives of stress?
- Closing: You can find out more about his work by visiting his website and blog at http://donjosephgoewey.com.
Don Joseph Goewey is founder and managing partner of ProAttitude, a human performance firm focused on ending work stress. Prior to that, Don managed the department of psychiatry at Stanford Medical School, ran San Mateo County’s emergency medical services system, and for twelve years headed an internationally recognized institute that pioneered an approach to catastrophic life events.
He has worked with some of the most stressful situations on earth – with people facing terminal illness, parents struggling with the loss of a child, prisoners serving life sentences, and refugees of the genocidal war in Bosnia struggling with extreme post-traumatic stress.
Don also directed a research team that built an integrated model for changing brain structure to extinguish stress reactions and amplify the higher brain function that enables a human being to flourish.
The success of the model in helping people end stress in high pressure workplaces like Cisco Systems and Wells Fargo has been unprecedented. Don and his work has been featured on the Today Show, CNN and NPR.
Don is the author of Mystic Cool, A proven approach to transcend stress, achieve optimal brain function, and maximize your creative intelligence. He recently authored a new book, called The End of Stress, Four Steps to Rewire Your Brain, which will be released by Simon and Schuster in September, 2014.